Friday, December 9, 2011

Tired

I'm tired, as in sleepy. And I can't think of anything to write so I'll just write something free form. Whatever.

I suppose I'll write about love. What is love? John Lennon once said love was all you needed. I think most people now-a-days think that love isn't real. I don't know either way really. Could it be that lust is what we confuse for love? Or that love is just something invented by card companies? To be benevolent means that one must love everyone, no everything, equally. With all of ones being. Is that something to be desired? Should one love everything as one?
What of hate? Without it there is no love. To hate something with every ounce of your being is the same as loving it right? Just two sides of the same coin.
Love I hear is more than just an emotion. I don't really know what they mean by that. I know there's unconditional love, like that one feels for a parent. But isn't that the same as an emotion.
But does love even exist? Or is it just some empty hole that has to be filled by another person so we don't feel lonely anymore. Not too long ago, nobody ever got married for love, that was when women were basically treated like property. But before then there was love wasn't there? That's why all those poets wrote poems. Or all the singwriters write songs. Or is all that just lust again?
Fuck love. Being human is confusing enough.

2 comments:

  1. "Fuck love. Being human is confusing enough." Best. Line. Ever.

    I have many ideas when it comes to love but I'm gonna stay off my soapbox for now. I do really like this. Lots of questions, not a lot of answers which goes exactly with the topic. You should do this kind of writing more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, it is called ramblings, it'd make sense

    ReplyDelete